Where you invest your love, you invest your life. If I could wrap this whole blog post into a sentence, that would be it. As 2014 approaches my head is spinning with thoughts, ideas and goals for the coming year. Last year I never dreamed I would go full time as a wedding photographer which goes to show life never goes as planned.
With 18 weddings booked for this coming year, my couples mean the world to me! One of my main goals is to invest into these new relationships wholeheartedly and be that ongoing support for them as they plan their weddings. I want each of them to feel loved and know that I’m here to help them have the wedding they always dreamed of.
This year I wanted to create two list of goals. One that is business related and the other being personal goals I want to accomplish.
Goals for Dabble Me This:
- Invest into my couples wholeheartedly
- Create a meaningful client gift
- Improve my workflow (editing, processing and blogging)
- Give the blog a makeover (this just happened but I figured I would still add it to the list)
- Blog MORE and set up a blogging schedule
- Book 20 weddings for 2014
- Keep business hours and personal time separate
- Create a new way to track my expenses
- Decide on which album company to use and make an sample wedding album for clients to view
- Book a destination wedding for 2015
- Continue to build relationships with other photographers and vendors
- Invest wisely into some new camera gear (all in due time I would love to add a Canon 5D Mark III, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 85mm f/1.2L and Speedlite 600EX-RT)
- Read the book Film is Not Dead
- Start practicing film on a biweekly basis
- Rent a Contax camera
- Update packaging and business materials
- Get new head shots taken
- Attend an inspirational business workshop
- Help take Photography Stylistas to the next level
- Be the best wife I can be
- Set aside time for just US
- Find healthier recipes to cook
- Get back into running marathons (a three year break is long enough)
- Learn to love doing laundry (this includes folding….blah)
- Find a new church family
- Organize the closets and simplify everything
- Make it a point to dust and vacuum once a week
- Visit my best friend Brit and her husband Andy in California
- Send random cards through snail mail
- Enjoy every moment to it’s fullest
However lets be honest, owning your own business and juggling your personal life is scary! I know 2014 is going to be full of new challenges but I’m ready and excited for them. I’ve put my heart in soul into Dabble Me This and I know it is going to grow into something I never imagined. I believe in my ability, I believe in my work and most important I believe that I can make a difference. I want to make 2014 the most memorable year yet!
Thank you for the lovely headshots today. You are very talented and I wish you the best! Let me know if you’d like me to to help you achieve your goal to find healthier recipes!